Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Micro BLOB

I am referring to the first water melon that has sprung up in my vegetable patch this summer. As you can see from the picture, this weeny is indeed micro in size. Although DonutBoy thinks that this variety that he planted should reach 20 pounds or over, the BLOB is no more than 5 cm in diameter and weighs less than 20 ounce at present. Still a long long way to go. So here's my direct plea to all those frequent visitors to my backyard…..yes……I mean you…..Mr. Rabbit, Mr. Squirrel, Mr. Possum, Mr. Rat, Mr. Crow, Mr. Duck and Mr. Whoever that Trespasses into My Backyard…….Leave my BLOB alone or risk becoming my dinner stew!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Awww. It's so cute!!!! It's a little baby watermelon.

    I'm sure Mr. Animal won't eat it. They're smart enough to wait til it's bigger so they get more bang for their buck. :P

    My garden is up and running!!!! YAY!!!! We had some garden fresh beans for supper tonight along with a cucumber (also garden grown). I snacked on some sungold and cherry tomatoes wile I waited for dinner to cook. The larger tomatoes (like roma, better boy, celebrity....) aren't quite ready yet, but the green ones are on the vine RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE HUGE!!!!! (almost bigger than your watermelon sadly). I'll be sure to take some awesome garden photos of my own later.

    To make you feel better about your watermelon, I'll take a picture of my carrots. They've hardly grown at all. They are about 3 inches tall....... the plant. I have no idea how teeny tiny the carrots are beneath the ground. That's just another disappointment for next time.

    ReplyDelete