Thursday, July 26, 2012

Costa Rica-Tortuguero

Goodbye Grecia!  We take a bus to head to our next location-Tortoguero.  On the drive, we see a banana zipline.  (a bunch of bananas strung on a wire and pulled across.)
This is where the banana zipline leads to.  It's a banana factory.  Bananas are washed, cut, and packaged to be shipped off.
A hercules beetle that we saw at a roadside coconut stand.
A tiger back heron.
Tortuguero is an island so we decided to take a tour in the canals near by.
Palm trees
A lone flower on a tree.
This bird kept walking around on the marsh grass near us.  I'm not sure what it's called.....but it's pretty :)
A random nest with eggs......
A bird.  I think it's called a heron but I'm not sure....
The bird flies off!
Another one of these birds........

This time I tried to make the order so that it made more sense.  Well, this is the Tortuguero portion of my trip.  Hope you enjoyed the pics.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice pictures! The Hercules beetle is huge... I'd like to take a trip there some day. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics! Tortuguero looks so lush and scenic. First time I see a banana zip line and the gigantic Hercules beetle. Did you take the pics yourself????? Great job!!!!

    Next time PastrySister whines about not wanting to go on a trip, tell her Spongy would love to take her place ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That beetle freaks me out. I'm gonna get nightmares... D: at least it wasn't a spider! AHHH

      I would also love to go to Costa Rica someday. I'm not good with heat, so maybe the wintertime. Looks green and jungly!

      Delete
  3. Pretty pictures! But I have to agree with Dogluver88, the beetle is pretty freaky...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. freaky! I wouldn't be so scared if it was just a normal beetle, but one the size of your palm is pretty freaky!

      Delete
    2. BTW in case you were wondering it feels like little pins are stabbing you when it walks on you.

      Delete